Seeking Qualified Dental Assistant
One of the top pediatric dental practices in Central Florida is looking for a qualified Dental Assistant with a “out of this world” personality to add to our fun and skilled team. We need someone who can perform basic dental procedures, such as cleanings and patient x-rays, maintain accurate and thorough electronic charting and has a talent for building rapport with young patients, who may be scared or anxious.
The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Responsibilities may include:
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Prepare examination and surgical rooms by sterilizing instruments and moving equipment into place.
- Assist in updating and maintaining client dental records.
- Perform routine dental cleanings and assist in the performance of more complicated surgical procedures.
- Provide support to dentists and staff as needed.
- Offer patients advice and materials necessary to maintain good dental health.
- Prevent the spread of infection and disease by maintaining a surgically clean work environment.
- And having fun with your team! Including participating in themed dress up days, off-site retreats and activities.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience with digital X-rays and pediatric dentistry.
- Remains calm and tactful amid a fast-paced work environment.
- Promotes positive teamwork and cohesiveness between the staff.
- Has strong time management skills and is comfortable multi-tasking.
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Please contact Christy Preo email@example.com for more information.